17 July 2019
The Company held its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 17 July 2019. All the resolutions put to shareholders were duly passed on a show of hands. Resolutions 1 to 13 were passed as ordinary resolutions and resolutions 14, 15 and 16 were passed as special resolutions.
Details of shareholders' proxy votes lodged in advance of the Annual General Meeting for each resolution are shown in the table below:
|Resolutions||For and at discretion||Against||Votes Withheld||Total|
|1.To receive the audited accounts of the Company for the year ended 28 February 2019, together with the Report of the Directors and the report of the Auditor thereon.||46,754,994||99.97||12,690||0.03||17,774||46,767,684|
|2.To approve the Annual Statement by the Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and the Annual Report on Directors' Remuneration for the year ended 28 February 2019||46,417,877||99.22||366,082||0.78||1,500||46,783,959|
|3.To declare a final dividend of 6.75p per Ordinary share||46,785,453||99.99||6||0.01||0||46,785,459|
|4.To appoint Leslie-Ann Reed as a Director of the Company.||47,095,880||99.98||10,208||0.02||2,095||47,106,088|
|5.To re-appoint John Warren as a Director of the Company.||46,773,156||99.98||10,208||0.02||2,095||46,783,364|
|6.To re-appoint Steven Hall as a Director of the Company.||46,773,656||99.98||9,708||0.02||2,095||46,783,364|
|7.To re-appoint Nigel Newton as a Director||46,481,135||99.36||299,311||0.64||5,013||46,780,446|
|8.To re-appoint Penny Scott-Bayfield as a Director||46,672,429||99.77||108,017||0.23||5,013||46,780,446|
|9.To re-appoint Jonathan Glasspool as a Director||46,736,584||99.91||43,862||0.09||5,013||46,780,446|
|10.To re-appoint Sir Richard Lambert as a Director||46,738,513||99.90||44,850||0.10||2,095||46,783,363|
|11.To re-appoint KPMG LLP as Auditor of the Company||46,772,173||99.98||9,969||0.02||3,316||46,782,142|
|12. To authorise the Directors to determine the auditors' remuneration.||46,776,820||99.98||8,169||0.02||470||46,784,989|
|13. To authorise the Directors to allot shares||45,251,805||96.72||1,533,646||3.28||8||46,785,451|
|14. To authorise the Directors to disapply pre-emption rights||44,350,228||94.79||2,435,223||5.21||8||46,785,451|
|15. To authorise the Directors to disapply pre-emption rights regarding acquisition/investment||45,250,729||96.73||1,531,803||3.27||2,926||46,782,532|
|16. To authorise the Company to purchase its own shares.||46,736,428||99.95||25,198||0.05||23,832||46,761,626|
1. The 'For' vote includes those giving discretion to the Chairman.
2. Votes 'Withheld' are not counted in the calculation of the proportion of votes 'For' and 'Against' a resolution.
3. As at Tuesday 16 July 2019, there were 75,328,570 ordinary shares of 1.25 pence in issue.
4. The full text of each of the resolutions is set out in the Notice of Annual General Meeting which is available at the National Storage Mechanism http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM and on the Company's website at www.bloomsbury-ir.co.uk.
5. In accordance with Listing Rule 9.6.2, copies of the resolutions passed at the meeting other than those considered as ordinary business, will be submitted to the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available for inspection at: https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM.
Group General Counsel & Company Secretary
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
To return to the Regulatory Announcements section click here
updated every 15 minutes
Annual General Meeting
Preliminary announcement for the year ended 28 February 2023